Sunday, June 05, 2005

Rhine river cruise

Yesterday we headed back to Ruedesheim for a Rhine river cruise. The cruise takes passengers along the Rhine between Ruedesheim and Saint Goarshausen to view the many castles, villages and the legendary Loreley. The legend of Loreley is an ancient story of a lovely maiden who sat at the top of a steep, rocky turn in the river where she lured boatmen to their deaths. Thankfully, our captain navigated the ship safely through the passage.

The cruise is a nice way to spend a day, especially if you've spent a few days on your feet walking all over Germany. It was a great experience to see castles where barons charged ship captains toll fees in order to navigate the river.

A few pictures of the sites are below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! Your blog is so great! I feel like I am going thru a tourism books for Europe. I sure hope we will get there to visit. I sent an email to yahoo account let me know if you don't get it! Can't wait to hear from you.
Love,
LeeAn

Anonymous said...

Hey, LeeAn. Thanks for checking out the blog and leaving a comment. It is nice to know who is visiting and getting some reaction.

Say hello to the little guy...and Kage too ;)

-Ed