Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Web site update

I think I have the IP technical issue worked out. My router has a feature that can automatically update my IP address to DynDNS, a free service that handles dynamic IP addresses. So I've registered a host name with DynDNS and my router will tell the service what my current IP address is and direct traffic to my PC. Everyone should be able to access our website with the following URL: http://shellyandedshomepage.dyndns.org/

I still have the basic 'Hello' page up, but I've started working on a functional site and will hopefully have something up soon. I should also be able to have our blog within the website so that everything will be in one handy place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Why can't I access the web page?

Shelly and Ed said...

The web page is located on my PC. If my PC is shut down, then the page will not be available.

Once I have the web page developed, I'll leave my PC on as often as possible.