Monday, August 01, 2005

Over the weekend

The German kids are out of school so pretty much every German is on vacation. Which means we couldn't get the dogs in the kennel on short notice. So instead of taking Mama to Paris or Rome, we did a couple day trips. On Saturday we went to Kreuzberg where many say the local monks brew the best beer in the world. I for one was not convinced so I'm going to have to go back for additional sampling, probably several times.

On Sunday we did the Rhine cruise, which Mama thought was really neat - and different.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys.. this blog is awesome! I feel like I'm looking at pictures that should be in a coffee table book.. I'm very jealous of your travels.. will get over there someday.. it's on my list of to dos!! I have to know what kind of camera you are using it's great!!

Take care!

Kelly S.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kelly. We upgraded our camera earlier this fall to a Canon SD 500, which is a point and shoot 7.1 megapixle camera with some limited "manual" features. We loved our other camera (thanks Steph and Wade), but we are hoping that some of the photos will turn out to be worthy of printing. If you want to print anything larger than 5x7 you really need 5+ megapixles.

-Ed

Anonymous said...

I have a good friend in the camera business and he said cannon is the best brand hands down as far as printing anything goes.. some of your pictures should be printed, blown up and framed.. they are THAT good!!

-kel